Cold sores are a difficult problem to solve, since some people tend to suffer recurrently. The virus that causes it remains in our body and, with any factor, can trigger the famous lip injury.
Discover in this article how to prepare a burdock syrup to cure cold sores. This medicinal plant has effective properties to act at the depurative level in the outer layers of the skin. Try this effective remedy!
The treatment of cold sores
From the perspective of natural medicine, cold sores are related to an ulceration in the intestinal walls. For this reason, we should not limit ourselves to treating the area with specific products. We also have to balance the bowel function with proper nutrition and, if necessary, with medicinal supplements, such as probiotics, vitamin C or zinc.
Second, we must strengthen the defenses of our body. We can tone the immune system with some superfoods such as propolis, garlic or echinacea. This is a very effective way to prevent cold sores and also to speed up recovery.
In this sense, it is important to highlight one of the most common triggers of herpes in most cases: stress. This is a disorder too common nowadays that alters the functions of the organism and leads us to get sick.
Finally, we can complete the treatment with the topical application of some remedy. A good option are essential oils, such as ravintsara, which has excellent antiviral properties.
Why is burdock so effective?
Burdock is a plant that is included among medicinal infusions to purify toxins from the blood. Seeds, leaves and roots are used both orally and for topical application.
To treat cold sores, this plant is effective from different perspectives, since it facilitates the detoxification of the organism through the liver and kidneys. By enhancing the function of these organs, our body can eliminate toxic substances more easily.
Why does burdock cure cold sores?
- It cleans toxins from the skin and prevents not only cold sores, but also acne, boils, eczema, cysts and all types of skin rashes.
- It has antibacterial properties.
- Helps reduce inflammation and relieve discomfort.
- In the case of small vesicles or blisters, the burdock facilitates drainage and elimination.
- It provides a large amount of minerals.
- Promotes the healing and regeneration of tissues.
Other health benefits
In addition to curing herpes, burdock has other properties for our health:
- Reduces blood sugar levels and prevents diabetes and insulin resistance.
- Its depurative properties make it an effective remedy to avoid kidney stones and uric acid.
- It is very antioxidant, which is why it protects us from premature aging caused by free radicals.
- It favors the elimination of liquids from the body and prevents swelling.
- Is a Very powerful natural antibiotic that strengthens our defenses
- Prevents urinary tract infections.
To prepare this burdock syrup we will need the following amounts:
- 2 tablespoons dried burdock leaf (30 g)
- 5 spoons of honey (125 g)
- 2 glasses of water (400 ml)
Although most syrups are made with sugar, we recommend replacing it with honey. In this way, we avoid the harmful effects to the health and we promote the treatment with the healing virtues of the honey. We could also use sugar or cane honey.
To prepare the medicinal syrup we will follow these steps:
- Put the water to boil in a pan.
- Add the leaves of burdock and honey and stir with a spoon.
- When it starts to boil, count 15 minutes.
- After the indicated time, turn off the heat and cover the casserole so that it rests for 10 minutes.
- Strain and store in a glass container for a maximum of 15 days.
How do we take it?
We can take this syrup in two different ways:
- As a preventive: One spoonful fasting every day.
- When we already have the herpes or before the first symptoms: Three tablespoons throughout the day, to be able to be half an hour before each meal.